
Well, here is the dress I made for Georgia. I haven't finished them hem line yet because the dress is a bit big on her and I want to wait till she fits into it so I can make it the right length. It was fun to make. I learned a lot. Reading a pattern is complicated. The hardest part was gathering the dress and sewing it to the "yoke." I didn't even know what bias tape was and now I do. I think I did an okay job considering it was my first time following a pattern. I love the material. It is by Michael Miller. I used it also on my burp cloths. James thought it was "bright." I think that was his nice way of saying he didn't like it! What do you think?
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Dress for Georgia
Posted by Mariah at 10:53 PM
Labels: dress, dress for Georgia, Georgia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
That is adorable!!! I feel inspired to try a dress for Vela. Maybe after this busy weekend! What type pf pattern did you use?
Hi Becky,
I used a Simplicity pattern. Pattern number 7189. I am also going to make little bloomers to go under it. You are welcome to borrow the pattern unless you are looking for a specific style dress. It was so fun to make. I am excited to make another dress now that I have a better understanding of what I'm doing.
Mariah
I believe I also asked for a matching tie...
Mariah, good for you! You are going to get me started sewing things again!
I really like these fabrics. What nice work!
warmly,
heidi
Post a Comment