CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July

The kids and I had a great 4th of July! We went over to Tony and Megan Roberts for some yummy food and illegal fireworks, like we do every year!
On the 3rd, we decided to have our own little family party. By Conner and Dallin's request we started out with one of their favorite's: Mini Quiche!

By my request, I decided to give them haircuts. I don't know if this was a good idea or not. Dallin got a trim and Conner wanted his short.
Dallin's before & after:





























Conner's before and after:















We didn't do anything with Georgia's hair. We are waiting for her to get some first. She has a tiny curl in the very back. I could probably give her a mohawk down the back!
While it was still light outside we took some pictures. I am counting this as my Project 4/52. Here is Dallin:
Here are all three of my precious children:
Georgia trying to be like big brothers, but couldn't quit coordinate laying down and putting her hands under her chin, but she tried!
Them again, Dallin (8), Georgia (22 months), and Conner (10).
Georgia's cute little face!Dallin and Conner trying to light their lighters!
Here is our small stash of fireworks! We spent $10, the Roberts spent $400!Conner lighting the firework!
Dallin's turn!
Here is our family's mini firework show with the children in the back watching.
Oh and of course I can't forget to put in a picture of my fun 4th of July decorations that are hanging over my dining room table. I love them, aren't they fun!

I haven't been much into big holiday celebrations the last few years because it is a lot of work. James is always gone so I get to do it all. What I've learned though is that it's not what you do it's who you do it with. I had a "blast" this year with the ones I love more than anything else, my children. And this is what creates memories. Happy Fourth!

4 comments:

ricciquill said...

Great pictures, looks like a great 4th. :)

Kim said...

Your kids are getting so big. Fun pictures and great haircuts.

Holly Grow said...

The haircuts look great! I didn't do that well on my first few haircuts in beauty school! You're good at everything!

Hema and Becky said...

Looks like you had a great time! Those mini quiches look tastey. I'd love the recipe! Hope you are well!